CS Case Study
A CIMAstudy Case Study course contains different features to a CIMAstudy Objective Test course.
- Official Online Case Study Text, written specifically for the Case Study exam. The only text endorsed by CIMA.
- Online Familiarisation & Practice Workbook which provides guidance on the pre-seen material and a recommended study approach with sign off from CIMA.
- CIMAstudy Case Study Guide which will explain the best way to work through the Study Text and Familiarisation & Practice Workbook.
- A pilot paper to help you get to grips with the best exam approach.
- 1 live Mock Exam based on the pre-seen material which you can complete and submit for marking on a set date.
The integrated case study covers all 3 pillars within the level you are sitting.
The exam consists of a linked task - a chain of questions which will contain elements from more than one paper in that level.
For example: the Operational Integrated Case Study could involve creating costings for a product (P1 task), followed by advising on how best to market the product (E1 task), followed by the impact on the financial statements of holding more inventory (F1 task).
The Professional qualification is made up of two types of computer-based assessments:
- 90 minute objective tests for each of the three subjects within each level - these are on demand and can be taken all year
- A three hour case study exam when you have completed all objective tests and want to progress to the next level - these are available in four windows a year. Exams are available for five days from Tuesday to Saturday. View the current exam timetable.
Objective tests are available all year. We recommend that you schedule an exam at least 2 weeks in advance.
CIMA is working in partnership with Pearson VUE who have over 5,000 test centres in 178 countries. Find your nearest Pearson VUE centre.
Objective tests are 90 minutes. Case study exams are 3 hours
You must pass (or be exempt from) all three objective tests at a level before you can move onto the case study exam. When you have passed the case study exam you can move onto the next level and start the objective tests for that level.
The Strategic Level case study exam is the last exam that you will take.
For information on pass marks for objective tests and case studies, please visit www.cimaglobal.com/results.
Visit the CIMA exam preparation page.
You must have completed all 5 papers in the Certificate Level before progressing on to the Operational Level. AAT qualified students will be exempt from the Certificate Level and proceed straight to the Operational Level. Degree students may qualify for exemptions from the Operational Level depending on the content of your degree.
Students who have completed Operational Level in the 2010 (or earlier) syllabus will progress to the next level. Students who are mid-way through a level, will need to complete any outstanding Objective Tests at that level, as well as the newly introduced Integrated Case Study, at that level. For more details please visit: cimaglobal.com/exemptions.